Organizations around the world continue to struggle to address a costly gender gap:
- Only 47% of women are in the workforce vs. 74% of men
- Women earn 12% less than men
- Only 28% of managerial positions are held by women
- Only 18% of Chief Executive Officers are women
This gap is even more pronounced for women of colour, part of the LGBTQ+ community and women working with a disability:
- In the US, minority women earn between 38% and 45% less than white men, and between 21% and 30% less than white women
- In the US, only 0.6% of LGBTQ+ women hold vice president roles compared to 1.9% of men; and 0.6% of LGBTQ+ women hold Senior vice president and C-Suite roles compared with 2.9% of men
- In Europe, monthly earnings of both women and men working with a disability are found to be around 5% lower than those working without a disability
Furthermore, pressure is growing from employees, ESG investors, consumers and legislation to close this gap. At EDGE we’re committed to helping organizations transform their workforces by measuring, accelerating, and certifying gender balance and diversity and inclusion. ESG Research strives to collect the most relevant data to drive companies’ sustainability strategies and inform investors of companies’ ESG performance. Diversity and inclusion have become central in assessing the “S” in ESG.
This transformation begins with data. That’s why EDGE and S&P Global are pleased to announce the launch of our first global diversity data availability survey.
The objective of this survey is to capture a global view of company’s data collection practices related to gender identity, race/ethnicity, age, nationality, LGBTQ+, working with a disability, across industries and geographies. The results of this survey will inform both EDGE and S&P’s work supporting organizations around the world assess and benchmark current practices in this field.
Organizations of all sizes and from all countries across the DJSI universe are invited to participate. This voluntary and anonymous survey will be launched on the 2nd of February 2021 and will stay open for at least 2 weeks.
More information can be found here.
ABOUT EDGE STRATEGY: EDGE is the leading global assessment methodology and business certification standard for gender equality. Launched at the World Economic Forum in 2011, EDGE has been designed to help organizations not only create an optimal workplace for women and men, but also benefit from it. EDGE stands for Economic Dividends for Gender Equality and is distinguished by its rigor and focus on business impact.
ABOUT S&P GLOBAL: At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence — we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering deep data and insights on critical business factors including ESG. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com